Challenging the way we think about stress is an essential strategy for reducing how stressed we feel and here are 30 powerful stress-relief quotes to help you do that. ❤️
As much as we hate stress and wish it would go away, there’s no way to completely eliminate it. Stress is a part of life but the good news is that we can learn to better manage and cope with it.
Table of Contents
Perspective Is Key
The two common factors in these quotes are that it comes down to perspective on the situation and how you manage or respond to the stress.
Recently, I received a stressful email from my kid’s school regarding a serious illness outbreak.
It was late in the evening so it caught me off guard and my stress and anxiety levels quickly went up. I panicked at first and then went to speak to my husband about it.
Once we talked it through, it helped me look at the situation with more clarity rather than fear. My husband also reminded me to do some deep breathing, which made a difference, and I felt calmer afterward.
Shifting my perspective and then managing the stress through a relaxation technique was essential to overcoming a potential panic attack and lowering my stress.
If you need ideas to better manage stress these are my go-to stress relievers for women to help lower stress. (Hint: It’s not about exercise)
Please remember not to be hard on yourself for struggling with stress. Being kinder to yourself is key to reducing stress and experiencing more joy in life.
30 Powerful Stress-Relief Quotes
1. “Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change.” – Mel Robbins
2. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Cove
3. “Stress, anxiety and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
4. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You’re never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
5. “It is not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
6. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over the other.” – William James
7. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” – Brian Tracy
9. “Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry – all forms of fear – are caused by too much future and not enough presence.” – Eckhart Tolle
10. “One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm.” – Catherine Pulsifier
11. “This too shall pass.” – Thibaut
12. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it robs today of its joy.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
13. “All stress comes from wanting something to be different than it is.” – Marie Forleo
14. “A good way to overcome stress is to help others out of thiers.” – Dada J.P. Vaswani
15. “Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are.” – Anonymous
More Stress-Relief Quotes…
16. “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” – Matthew 6:27
17. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
18. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “Trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we’re not wise enough to see it.” – Oprah Winfrey
20. “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” – Mark Black
21. “It’s what it is. It was what it was. It will be what it will be. Don’t stress it.” – Dolce Ruby
22. “Take a deep breath. Inhale peace. Exhale happiness.” – A.D. Posey
23. “Stress is the trash of modern life–we all generate it, but if you don’t dispose of it properly it will pile up and overtake your life.” – Danzae Pace
24. “Stress is largely self-inflicted, so the ability to manage stress more effectively comes from managing oneself.” – Michael Hetherington
25. “Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the things and people that stress you out.” – Thema Davis
26. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
27. “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” – Bryant McGill
28. “You need to be able to manage stress because hard times will come, and a positive outlook is what gets you through.”-Marie Osmond
29. “Live in the moment, day by day, and don’t stress about the future. People are so caught up in looking into the future that they kind of lose what’s in front of them.”-Jenna Ushkowitz
And For a Little Humour…
30. “Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.” -Unknown
I love this; a treat with some tea never hurts. Cake, cookies, or chocolate, anyone?😋
Let’s Get Through This Together
Before you leave I invite you to join the Joyful State Of Mind community so we can be a part of your social support system. You’ll get encouraging emails with practical tips and simple strategies to go from stressing about everything to thriving. Just click the link below to sign-up.
BONUS: Don’t miss out, get your free handy cheat sheet:The Master Key to Unlocking More Free Time & Reduce Stress: 8 Easy + Unconventional Techniques.
Final Thoughts on Powerful Stress-Relief Quotes
You have the power to change your perspective and that’s the key when you’re dealing with stress. Even though it’s a part of life there are many strategies you can use to reduce the impact of stress and stay calmer such as deep breathing and practicing self-care ideas for stress.
I hope these stress-relief quotes gave you new ways to think about stress and how to better take care of yourself.